Discuss this article or ask questions at the LDS.net Forums.
April 6th in Church History
- 1830 - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was officially organized by Joseph Smith in the Peter Whitmer home.
- 1877 - The St. George Utah Temple was dedicated. It was the first temple the Saints built in Utah and the first to remain in continuous operation.
- 1893 - The Salt Lake Temple was dedicated. It is the most well-known of Mormon Temples and has become a symbol of the Church.
- 2000 - The Palmyra New York Temple was dedicated.
Scholars have mostly speculated that Christ was born in the spring, because of descriptive elements in the scriptural record. The apostle Paul called Christ the Passover, and Jesus' birth as the Lamb of God fills that image. He was born on Passover, early April, and was crucified on Passover.
- Defense of April Sixth by John P. Pratt