Discuss this article or ask questions at the LDS.net Forums.
From MormonWikiNephite prophet, in the Book of Mormon (See Mosiah 12: 32-37; 13: 12-24).
The commandments are divided into duties toward God, one's neighbors, and society. Their prescriptive and unconditional language indicates their important status. They function as general stipulations decreed by God as part of God's covenant with the people of Israel. In Islamic tradition, Moses brings new revelation in the form of the commandments. The Ten Commandments are listed below:
- Thou shalt have no other gods before me
- Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image
- Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
- Remember the sabbath day and keep it holy
- Honor thy father and thy mother
- Thou shalt not kill
- Thou shalt not commit adultery
- Thou shalt not steal
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor
- Thou shalt not covet any thing that is thy neighbor's