Discuss this article or ask questions at the LDS.net Forums.
Revision as of 00:28, 26 November 2007 by PixieShtick
|Centuries:||18th century - 19th century - 20th century|
|Decades:||1820s 1830s 1840s - 1850s - 1860s 1870s 1880s|
|Years:||1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859|
- May 28 - Under orders from President James Buchannan, the US War Department issued orders for the Army to assemble at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, and march to Utah. This was the beginning of the Utah War.
- July 16 - Thomas B. Marsh rejoins the church after being excommunicated in 1839.
- July 24 - Brigham Young learns of the approach of the Army.
- September 7-11 - Mountain Meadows massacre occurs.
- September 15 - Utah placed under martial law by Brigham Young.
- May 13 - Parley P. Pratt murdered in Arkansas.