The Bishop’s Building was located on Main Street in Salt Lake City between South Temple and North Temple Streets. It was the home of the Presiding Bishopric and the women’s organizations of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1910 until 1956. It was built during the presidency of Joseph F. Smith.
“The Bishop’s Building consolidated and oversaw Church financial operations on the same land where the Tithing Office had earlier managed these functions. The structure also provided office space for the Seventies Quorum, Church Board of Education, the Relief Society, and the other Church auxiliaries.” Part of its use was for the editors of the Church magazines.
It was torn down in 1962 to make way for the gardens at Temple Square.