Template:Stub LDS Philanthropies, a department of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is responsible for philanthropic donations to church institutions including; Humanitarian Services, Brigham Young University (Utah, Idaho, Hawaii) LDS Business College, Perpetual Education Fund, Church History Fund, Missionary Fund, Temple Funds.
Members and friends of the Church and alumni of the educational institutions donate cash, stocks and mutual funds, real estate, intellectual properties, artwork, historical artifacts, and other items.
Cash donations can be made online at: www.ldsphilanthropies.org
LDS Philanthropies traces its history back to BYU and the creation of the BYU Destiny Fund in 1955. As BYU came to realize the potential for philanthropic giving, a development office was formally created at BYU in 1966 to help support major contributions to the university. Within a few years, this was expanded to cover the entire Church Educational System. As charitable contributions began to grow throughout the church, the development office was expanded to meet the needs of the entire church. To reflect this, the name was again changed in 1973 to The Development Office of the Church. The name was again changed in 1982 the LDS Foundation and again in 2005 to LDS Philanthropies.
LDS Philanthropies is a department of the Presiding Bishopric of the Church and reports directly to both the bishopric and the Commissioner of Education for the Church. The Philanthropies serves the Church's philanthropic needs—beyond tithing and fast offerings—for welfare and humanitarian programs, the Perpetual Education Fund, temple and missionary programs, and the Church's institutions of higher education.