LDS church in Russia
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was established in Russia in 1990. However, the first contact of the LDS church with Russia was made in 1903 when the president of the European Mission, Francis M. Lyman, visited the country. On August 6th, 1903, in the Summer garden of Saint-Petersburg, he pronounced a dedicatory prayer for the Russian Land. In Russia at the end of 2006 there were 19,180 members, 8 missions, 15 districts, and 121 branches.