The Three Nephites are three of Christ’s chosen Nephite disciples referred to in the Book of Mormon. These disciples were allowed to stay on the earth, as was John the Beloved, to bring souls to Christ until the Lord comes again. They were translated so that they would feel no pain and would not die (3 Ne. 28). Highlights of the condition of the Three Nephites:
- 3 Ne. 28: 1-9 They can tarry until the Lord's coming.
- 3 Ne. 28: 7-9 They will never suffer the pains of death or sorrow.
- 3 Ne. 28: 10 They shall have fulness of joy.
- 3 Ne. 28: 13-17 They were temporarily caught up into heaven.
- 3 Ne. 28: 18-23 They ministered unto the people and endured persecution.
- 3 Ne. 28: 24-26 They ministered unto Mormon.
- 3 Ne. 28: 27-29 They will minister to the Gentiles, Jews, scattered tribes, and all nations.
- 3 Ne. 28: 39 Satan has no power over them.