Discuss this article or ask questions at the LDS.net Forums.
|Centuries:||18th century - 19th century - 20th century|
|Decades:||1800s 1810s 1820s - 1830s - 1840s 1850s 1860s|
|Years:||1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839|
- March 17 - Thomas B. Marsh was excommunicated from the church. He rejoined in 1857.
- March 20 - D&C 121 recorded by Joseph Smith in Liberty Jail, Clay County, Missouri.
- D&C 122 and 123 recorded by Joseph Smith in Liberty Jail, Clay County, Missouri.
- April 16 - Joseph Smith and four other prisoners allowed to escape while being transferred Liberty Jail to Boone County, Missouri.
- April 25 - Joseph Smith and the other leaders select Commerce, Illinois (later renamed Nauvoo) to be their new city.
- Times and Seasons newspaper starts publication.
- November 28 - Joseph Smith and Elias Higbee arrive in Washington, D.C.
- November 29 - Joseph Smith and Elias Higbee meet with President Martin Van Buren to seek redress for the Saints' persecution in Missouri