John Glenn Bytheway is an American author and speaker who uses humor to teach and motivate youth, especially within The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He is well known through his presentations at BYU Education Week, and Especially for Youth, and youth conferences, which are made available through other media.
Bytheway was born in October 1962 in Salt Lake City, Utah. He served an LDS mission in the Philippines. He attended the University of Utah and then Brigham Young University, where he earned a masters degree in Religious Education.
He is a part-time religion instructor at BYU, teaching primarily on the Book of Mormon. He is also an adviser at Deseret Book Company. He serves on the Aaronic Priesthood and Young Women Writing Committee for the LDS Church.
Bytheway and his wife, Kimberly, have six children and live in Utah.
Books, CDs, MP3s:
- Of Pigs, Pearls, and Prodigals: A Fresh Look at the Parables of Jesus
- When Times Are Tough: 5 Scriptures That Will Help You Get Through Almost Anything
- Isaiah for Airheads
- What I Wish I’d Known Before My Mission
- What I Wish I’d Known in High School
- What I Wish I’d Known When I Was Single
- What We Wish We’d Known When We Were Newlyweds (with Kimberly Bytheway)
- What’s in Your Backpack? Life’s a Hike, Travel Light
- How to Be Totally Miserable: A Self-Hinder Book
- Fishing: Observations of a Reel Man
- Heroes: Lessons from the Book of Mormon
- Righteous Warriors: Lessons from the War Chapters in the Book of Mormon
- Get an Attitude!: Heroic Examples from the Book of Mormon
- Sermons in a Sentence
- Lifestyles of the Great and Spacious
- Bytheway, It’s John: The Second Verse
- Standards Night Live
- A Crash Course in Teenage Survival
- I Hope You Know How Much I Love You: And Other Advice for a Happier Life
- Earth Shakers: Seven Scriptures That Will Rock Your World
- Five Scriptures That Will Motivate You to Action
- Behind Every Good Man
- Weed Your Brain, Grow Your Testimony
- How to Be an Extraordinary Teenager
- No-Brainers: Five Hard Decisions that the Gospel Makes Easy
- You’re Gonna Make It Through Junior High
- Are Your Standards Fences or Guardrails?
- Get Up and Glow
- Dating 911
- Farm Wisdom for City Folks
- Whose Values Do You Value?
- First Solo: Learning to Recognize the Spirit
- The Tour De Family: Doing Your Part to Help Your Family Succeed
- Turn Off the TV and Get a Life
- The Parable of the Marinade
- Everything I Need to Know I Learned at Home
- Jesus Knows I’m a Christian
- 5 Things You Can Do Today to Bless Your Marriage
- Supersonic Saints: Thrilling Stories from LDS Pilots
- Supersonic Saints: More Thrilling Stories from LDS Pilots
- Rough Start, Great Finish
- Life Rocks! How Firm Is Your Foundation?
- Honoring the Priesthood: As a Deacon, a Teacher, and a Priest