There are eight main categories on the Provident Living Website: Physical Health, Social and Emotional Strength, Education and Literacy, Employment, Resource Management, Food Storage and Emergency Preparedness, Caring for Others, and Helps for Church Leaders.
- This section gives a brief overview of how to take care of our bodies. Topics in this category include; Health Principles, the Word of Wisdom, Disease Prevention, Medical Care, Exercise and Fitness, Nutrition and Diet.
Social and Emotional Strength
- This content is provided by LDS Family Services and provides information about counseling for unwed parents; adoption services; and counseling for families, individuals, or groups.
Education and Literacy
- This category provides information and support for education. There is information about continuing education as an adult, how learning affects spirituality, ideas for educating the family and a link to find employment and other opportunities such as financial aid, and education.
- This area of the website provides information about the Church's employment program. It also includes places for people to look to find jobs, a place for ward employment specialists and employers to post jobs, tips on job hunting, resume writing and interviews, and other resources.
- This section provides helpful information to families about how to deal with finances and how to teach children to be wise with money. There are also now interactive financial calculators on this portion of the site as well.
- This section gives information about why food storage is a good idea, how to begin your food storage, what should be included in food storage, as well as information about gardening and emergency preparedness. Interactive features on this area include a food storage calculator.
- This section is for Church leaders such as bishops. It gives them insight into the different programs of the Church and provides them with materials that will benefit those they watch over.